Thank you for visiting the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard STEM Lending Library. To begin, please review the Lending Library Procedures below and create an account.
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard STEM Lending Library Procedures
This plan is subject to change based on local, state and national healthcare guidance. Disinfection protocols were established in accordance to recommendations provided by the Center for Disease Control.
Some resources are not easily disinfected and will be temporarily unavailable.
1. All safety and disease mitigation guidelines set forth by your district or organization should be applied when integrating equipment into classroom lesson plans. For most districts and organizations, these precautions include but are not limited to: social distancing, disinfection of materials between student use, use of proper personal protective equipment, frequent student handwashing, and the use of hand sanitizer. Please refer to school district guidelines and confer with your building administrator(s) for guidance before checking out and using materials.
2. Educators/school should provide for their own equipment cleaning supplies to properly disinfect materials between individual student uses. Some exceptions to this policy are in place for materials that require specific cleaning protocols. Appropriate cleaning directions for all equipment will be provided to patrons. These instructions will be included in the reservation confirmation email. Please do not disinfect any materials until you have familiarized yourself with this information.
3. To reserve materials, patrons must create an account at: https://pnsystem.myturn.com/library
4. Materials are not to be shared between multiple patrons within the same building or with other facilities.
5. If you are in possession of Lending Library materials and your school building or facility closes due to COVID-19, please contact the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard STEM team promptly to arrange for immediate pick-up.
Material Transportation Procedures
1. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we have limited providers for transportation of materials.
2. Delivery and pick-up will be coordinated with the STEM Team on a case-by-case basis.
3. During pick-up and delivery meetings, the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard STEM Outreach member will wear appropriate face masks.
1. Upon return, all materials will sit in a pre-determined area for 72 hours.
2. Following the 72 hours, a Portsmouth Naval Shipyard STEM Outreach member will disinfect all materials.
3. Materials will not return to circulation sooner than 4 days after return to a Portsmouth Naval Shipyard STEM Outreach.
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard employees serve as STEM volunteers in our communities. If interested in having a STEM volunteer support this activity for your classroom or remote learning environment, please indicate in your reservation if you would like in-person or virtual support. Safety is our #1 priority, and social distancing, masks and other measures are required for in-person activities.
For any PNSY STEM Lending Library inquiries, please contact:
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard STEM Outreach Program: